"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

About This Blog

Contributors and commenters on this blog are members of West Portal Church's BOOK clubs . . . consisting of women who are striving to read a portion of God's Word each day. This blog is a place for members to share their encouragement through posting insights, comments and questions as they pertain to their daily Bible reading.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Spring Growth

I'm not much of a gardener but I love this time of year where I can go to my flower beds and look for 'green things' shooting up. I pick, I prod, I cover (when snow flies once again) and in general I am quite interested to see what is happening, what is growing. I can't wait to plant and water and then watch.

Hebrews 6:7 says, "For ground that drinks the rain which often falls upon it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it was also tilled, receives a blessing from God"

Just like the ground needs to be taken care of for plants to grow, Paul says that our spiritual lives need to be taken care of. Are you 'often' in God's Word? Are you watering your mind with God's Words? You can then bring forth 'vegetation' that is useful to yourself and others.

Hebrews 6:8 says, "but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless..."

I spend much time getting rid of weeds from my flower beds. Let's make sure we get rid of the weeds in our spiritual journey as well. Allow God's Word to speak to you and remind you of areas in your life that need 'cleaning up'.

Keep reading!!!

No comments: