"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

About This Blog

Contributors and commenters on this blog are members of West Portal Church's BOOK clubs . . . consisting of women who are striving to read a portion of God's Word each day. This blog is a place for members to share their encouragement through posting insights, comments and questions as they pertain to their daily Bible reading.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Signs and Wonders

In Chapter 2, verses 3 and 4, it talks about salvation which was first announced by the Lord and was confirmed by those who heard him. Then it says that God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will. It made me stop and think about some times where I've heard others - and I've done this myself - asking for signs that God is working in our lives. This basically says that God has already done that! I mean, looking around at some of the stories we've heard about miracles being performed, like medical ones for example, are some of God's works. And when I think of 'wonders', I think of the 7 natural wonders of the world, like the Grand Canyon, Great Barrier Reef, Aurora Borealis, Mount Everest. I interpret all this in a way that everything is there before us. I think if I wasn't a believer and this was pointed out to me, I might seriously stop and rethink about the whole 'God thing' which would lead me to salvation if I made the correct choice. Being a believer, this just kind of reaffirms my beliefs and stuff. I hope it all makes sense and I was interpreting this the right way, or I portrayed my ideas clearly... It's hard for me to go from ideas in my head to writing, ha ha.

1 comment:

Florianne said...

I can't understand how someone can look at a leaf, or a fingernail, or a sunrise or anything in nature and then still not believe in God. I loved your perspective that we often look and look and look for God at work and it is right in front of our eyes.