"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

About This Blog

Contributors and commenters on this blog are members of West Portal Church's BOOK clubs . . . consisting of women who are striving to read a portion of God's Word each day. This blog is a place for members to share their encouragement through posting insights, comments and questions as they pertain to their daily Bible reading.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hebrews 1 - Angels

Isn't it obvious that all angels are sent to help out with those lined up to receive salvation?
~Hebrews 1:14, The Message~

I have read Hebrews chapter 1 over and over this week.  I am so intrigued by angels . . . I collect angel "things" and whenever angels are mentioned in the Bible I like to get all I can out of the information provided.

I know Hebrews 1 is a comparison of Jesus vs. angels . . . obviously Jesus is above them.  But what I really like about this chapter is the last verse, stating that angels are sent to help us out.

Several days ago my family and I were having a discussion about angels and the reality of them in our lives as Christians.  I was able to share the above verse with my boys and tell them about a couple of real-life experiences I've had where I believe angels were involved in helping me and/or protecting me.  This has heightened their awareness of the spiritual world around them, which is something I don't emphasize enough in our daily living.

Have you ever encountered an angel?

No comments: