"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

About This Blog

Contributors and commenters on this blog are members of West Portal Church's BOOK clubs . . . consisting of women who are striving to read a portion of God's Word each day. This blog is a place for members to share their encouragement through posting insights, comments and questions as they pertain to their daily Bible reading.

Monday, May 3, 2010

encourage one another

I was really impacted by Hebrews 3:13 this morning. "But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called 'Today,' lest any one of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin".

Isn't it interesting that encouraging one another will help us to not be hardened by sin. I've thought about it quite a bit today - even challenged my students to encourage one another. If I encourage someone, it immediately softens my heart, especially towards them. I think, when we think positively, we are less inclined to dwell on the negative - negativity is one breeding ground for sin. I also think, just by being obedient and encouraging one another, that it helps stop us from sin.

We encourage others to build them up but think about all the ways encouraging others helps us, as well.

1 comment:

Heather B said...

That is an awesome way to look at it. I agree 100%! It's kinda like what we learn when we're young, saying please and thank you. I think they're a simple, and subtle, but good way of encouraging one another. :)