"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

About This Blog

Contributors and commenters on this blog are members of West Portal Church's BOOK clubs . . . consisting of women who are striving to read a portion of God's Word each day. This blog is a place for members to share their encouragement through posting insights, comments and questions as they pertain to their daily Bible reading.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Eph. 3:10

I am not usually one to have Bible references at my fingertips, but tonight I did, thanks to book club. My daughter asked me why did God create the world when He knew all the bad things we were going to do. I was able to go straight to Eph. 3:10, (a verse that intrigues me greatly) and we talked about how what we're doing here is somehow teaching something to the authorities and principalities in HEAVEN! That's pretty crazy! In my mind I see a pattern: God using individuals (prophets) so a group of people (the Israelites) could learn from them. God using the Israelites so His Church could learn from them. God using His Church so the authorities and principalities in heaven could learn from them. And the Church is made up of- individuals. I sometimes think I have barely a sniff of what's really going on. Not just the big picture, but the REALLY BIG PICTURE. If I did I'd probably do a lot of things a lot differently.

Eph 3:10His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11according to his eternal purpose which he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.


2 comments:

Kim A. said...

I think it's so cool that because you have been immersed in God's word, you were able to answer your daughter's question quickly and easily. I've had those opportunities with my kids as well since joining the BOOK Club, and I think it sets a great example for them to follow. Thanks again for the reminder from Ephesians. It actually ties in to Hebrews Ch. 1 as well.

Florianne said...

My favorite stories are where people are impacted and have impacted others because of reading God's Word. We can hear the Holy Spirit when we immerse ourself in God's Word. That's what happened Fern. Chills and thrills of joy for you.