"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

About This Blog

Contributors and commenters on this blog are members of West Portal Church's BOOK clubs . . . consisting of women who are striving to read a portion of God's Word each day. This blog is a place for members to share their encouragement through posting insights, comments and questions as they pertain to their daily Bible reading.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Psalm 102 Before and After

Hi Gang:

I really love the Psalms. I think it is possible to find a Psalm to fit any emotion. I read Psalm 102 a few days ago. Here's my journal entry.

"It's interesting how we read Psalms. During a very difficult time I recently experienced I would have related to the first half: body weak, moaning, grass withered, lonely bird on a housetop. Now I concentrate on the last half: (12) But Thou O Lord dost abide forever (17) He has regarded the prayer of the destitute (27) But Thou, art the same."

Emotions are good and we should feel things. It's all in HOW we feel them and what we do with them. It needs to be based on trust. We should enjoy life. Today I read Psalm 47 "Clap your hands...Shout to God with voice of joy". We do that because we love Him and trust Him. Other Psalms describe our destitution, our sadness, our pain, our anger, our helplessness, our weakness. We go to HIM because we love Him and trust Him. He never changes. He is always the same. He is faithful. We can go to Him.....no matter what. That's incredible.

No comments: