"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

About This Blog

Contributors and commenters on this blog are members of West Portal Church's BOOK clubs . . . consisting of women who are striving to read a portion of God's Word each day. This blog is a place for members to share their encouragement through posting insights, comments and questions as they pertain to their daily Bible reading.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hello there. So I am new to this book club thing and really new to blogging. I am not a blogger but thought I would use this forum to share a little bit.

So last night was book club night. I really didn't want to go. I didn't read at all (well hardly) and I just didn't feel like going. Not because I would be judged since I know it is a safe place and not to worry about that, but I just didn't want to go. But I did. I didn't have much to share but I did share that I wasn't going to come but did. It was great to be honest and open and know that it was okay.

As I was running errands today I was thinking about when I could sit down and read and do the little "assignment" we were given. I was going to give it my all to get into the Word today at some point as the morning didn't happen. And as I was driving I was starting to feel excited about reading. It was a great feeling.

So I did read. I let Psalm fall open and I read Psalm 58 which about God judging bad people and that good people will be rewarded. I also read Aleph section in Psalm 119 and in verse 7 "Then I could truly honour you as I study your fairness and goodness". And as I want my children to honour me as their mother I really want to honour God as his child too, so I need to read.

As I am typing this my daughter is asking me what I am writing and what we are reading. I told her Psalm and she said she loves Psalm and shared with me her favorite verse: Psalm 90:2 "I will say about the Lord, "He is my place of safety. He is like a fort to me. He is my God. I trust in him."

Very cool.

2 comments:

Kim A. said...

Welcome to the blog, Joanna! I'm excited that you're getting excited about reading. I am sure God is going to become more and more real to you as time goes on--as you read HIS WORD.

Florianne said...

Ahhh Joanna: I prayed for you after our conversation Monday night. I so desperately wanted you to read. I was crying as I read your post.

Do you remember how I said that when we share - even the difficult times - it ministers to others. Well, you were a huge encouragement to me today. Thanks so much for sharing.

Your experience is incredible. I can't believe I still get surprised at how the Holy Spirit works. Not only did you read, but you were blessed by it. To top it all off, the first time you came to the BOOK Club you said you wanted to read for your children. And what happens??? The first time you read, you have a wonderful spiritual discussion with your daughter. Does it get any better then that!!!

Yippee and Yahoo and Praise God

.....and now.....keep reading!!! Love you.