"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

About This Blog

Contributors and commenters on this blog are members of West Portal Church's BOOK clubs . . . consisting of women who are striving to read a portion of God's Word each day. This blog is a place for members to share their encouragement through posting insights, comments and questions as they pertain to their daily Bible reading.

Friday, April 30, 2010

welcome to the blog

Hi guys - I guess I should say gals.

It's good to see how many have signed up to the blog. Now.....the next thing to do is post!! Come one, it's not that difficult!!! :) I keep checking to see if there are any new insights. I see all these new members but no insights :(

Here's my insight.

No matter what...God is always faithful, loving, kind and trustworthy. I don't really have a verse - this is just something I have experienced this week.

And...God uses us to minister to others - He needs us just like we need Him. Shawna - you know what I'm talkin' about. Thanks for your love.

4 comments:

Kim A. said...

Thanks for sharing this. My week has been so busy . . . I've got many thoughts just waiting to emerge in the form of a post--just need some time to do it. Next week. I promise.

Lynn said...

Hi Sisters in Christ,
First of all Florianne and Kim I want to say I was so encouraged to see you create this blog. I think it will be a great opportunity to encourage one another. The Book Club has helped me in having a consistency in my journey of daily devotions but sometimes it is just HARD! I appreciate hearing that others are struggling much as I am but have also been so inspired by the encouragement of those within the book club.

April had been a good month for me in my reading and journalling and as many of you know we tragically and suddenly lost a dear and close friend on April 21st. There was numbness and disbelief for many days and then the "whys" come and "what ifs". But one passage that I claimed during my reading this past month was in 1 Peter 1:6-7: "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith - of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire - may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed". I find it timely that this passage would stand out for me but now see the hope that it offers. As we cope with this loss we can gain comfort in knowing that there is a God who is our strength and walks with us through our valleys and our trials. I am grateful to know that our friend, a believer in Christ, has gone to his eternal home in heaven and even now we can offer praise and worship to our Lord for Neil's life. Another passage 2 Peter 3:8b - 9:"With the Lord a day is like a 1,000 years and 1,000 years is like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance". A reminder to me that God does hear our prayers and keeps his promises but it is in HIS time. And God can and does bring good through all circumstances. What a promise and what a comfort!
In Christ, Lynn

Florianne said...

Oh Lynn:

How thankful I am to read your comments. I know the temptation to question God and our faith. But, now is when you need Him even more. The psalmist has a great strategy for dealing with doubts. He questions God, even becomes angry with Him, but he always ends his psalms with a comment of trust. You have done the same and in doing so, have blessed me.

Kim A. said...

Lynn: God pre-destined you to be immersed in I & II Peter in the midst of tragedy. Thanks for sharing so openly. You remain in my prayers.